View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2019, 7:32 pm   #20
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Philips BX281U20 valve radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm1christopher View Post
Well I managed to get the chasis out what a nightmare the tunning dial well they have riveted 3 of the pulleys to the baffle board then the side pulleys had to be unscrewed as attached to chassis with dial and dial bar. The front of the pulley has a spring attached one side but other end free not sure if it's supposed to be like that as I know nothing about their construction! Now I think the hardest part for me is actually re doing the pulley mechanism so may need someone on here to do that for me paid of course.
No need to remove the pulleys from the baffle board and no need to remove the cursors sliding mechanism unless it's duff, there's a clamp screw that clamps the cursors slider to the drive cord, slacken that off and the drive cord can be separated so far as I can make out, it can then be unhitched from the left and right hand pulleys allowing the chassis to be withdrawn whilst leaving the cursors slider/rod etc in place.

The diagram for the routing of the cord(s) is shown in the manual, if you look at Fig 5 you can see that they used a spring clamp (like a large Terry Clip) to keep the cord on the drum, that would have been inserted and fitted from underneath before attempting to remove or refit the chassis.

Lawrence.