Thread: Jvc 7440
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2006, 10:10 pm   #6
marcus 3500
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Jvc 7440

Hi all

After leaving the workshop to warm up for an hour i started to look at my small draws of Transistors ive had these for well over 20 years after removing them from smashed tv's i found dumped on country road edge bottoms and the edge of the local woods when i was about 12 years old, i never found a complete TV the back had always been kicked off and a brick would be lying were the scan coils once were

In the second draw hidden under an old speaker sticker was a 2SA546 the very Transistor i needed it would seem to have been worth getting scratched and cut hands and arms all those years ago

With the 2SA564 fitted it was time to power up again and with a few tweaks on the convergence i was watching BIG starring Tom Hanks the only thing left to sort out was the faulty contrast but that turned out to be easy the contast control is connected to a switch at the front called day time, night time and just needed a squirt of switch cleaner

Im pleased with the results the TV was left on for over 5 hours and no other faults have shown up so its time i sneaked it back into my sisters old bedroom so i can start work on the next set a PYE CT200

THANK YOU Steve, Danny and Kat for your kind help.

Regards

Marcus......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FOUND THE SAME TRANSISTOR.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	7506   Click image for larger version

Name:	AFTER CONVERGENCE.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	7507   Click image for larger version