View Single Post
Old 29th May 2019, 6:52 am   #1
Dwurban
Diode

Question Help Identifying Object: Likely from an old Military Radio

Hello everyone.

Hopefully this is the right place to post this, I've been asking all over the internet for help identifying this object I have pictures of and this place seems like a good place to ask, especially since someone recently recommended I try the avenue of UK Military Radio and not just USA Military.

I should mention that I'm not the first person to try identifying this object. Plenty of people have asked before me, but I think I am the most active searcher recently.

Well anyway, I've got have pictures of this unknown object that I, and several others, have been trying to identify for quite some time. We only know of two of them existing. Both were used as movie props, which is how we know about them and have pictures of them. But trying to find where they came from is a complete mystery. They were found sometime in the early to mid 1980s in California, likely at an electronic surplus yard like Apex Electronics. Both objects are made of aluminum and weigh 2 pounds. The only writing on it are the words VOICE, TONE, and RECEIVE (though RECEIVE has been sanded off on both objects). I've attached some pictures of the objects below, but for more detailed pics, as well as measurements of the object, check this link: ********************a/JpRw4tB

Our best guess is that it was from some sort of portable military radio. The ears on the sides would act as belt loops, and the VOICE and TONE were markers for a switch, similar to other military radios. Despite our best efforts, however, no one can find a clear, definitive answer as to what these things are and where they came from before being used as props.

Any help you all can provide is very much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2208 1.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	184106   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2199 1.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	184107   Click image for larger version

Name:	R1P9WyR.jpg
Views:	284