View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2012, 4:58 pm   #20
Don_Zalmrol
Hexode

Default Re: Philips B6X12A on the fritz…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Darwent View Post

OK Laurens, I hope you didn't think my remark was in any way flippant which was never my intention.
No problem at all
I should have shown the completed shopping cart afterwards to be clearer about my order.

Since they only can get a 15uF/350VDC cap, I will be ordering that one if that wouldn't be a problem…

Most of the "faulty" resistors are the large old carbon (1W I reckon) resistors, the old metal film resistors seem fine.

So I will finish my order with Distrilec and receive the goods around next week monday. And install them that night or the day afterwards and test the radio, if everything seems alright and the humming/ buzzing noise is gone. Then the problem is solved!

If not, it's back checking everything…

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjones01 View Post
If the noise appeared and has now gone, I respectfully suggest that randomly replacing capacitors is only likely to cure it by accident, and has the chance of introducing new problems. Try to find the actual fault rather than replacing everything.
You could be right Chris, but the electrolytic capacitors needed to be replaced (see post 18).

Cheers,

Laurens