Thread: Baird Garrick
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2021, 2:38 am   #105
beery
Heptode

Default Re: Baird Garrick

Hi all,
I thought I should post some pictures of the pictures as it were...

It was difficult for me to get the camera square with the screen, but I can tell you that the line linearity is pretty good, much better than it was with the transformer that was in the set when I obtained it.

The first photo shows the picture from the transformer that was in the set.

The second photo shows the picture from the line output transformer that I made up to replace the original one that the set was made with.

You may notice that the frame linearity is poor. I'm not sure why. There is no adjustment for frame linearity (the control that I thought was frame linearity is in fact frame shift). It might be because the scanning assembly is not square on the tube, but is leaning forward somewhat towards the top. It is not easy to adjust, but I will have a play with it at the weekend.

The pictures are contrast heavy. Remeber that in this set, both the cathode and the grid of the CRT have video drive applied to them in a kind of push-pull arrangement. So, lots of contrast, no problem with flyback lines, but when the contrast is reduced to what I would say is a normal level, the sync gets weak. I wonder if it is worth reducing the drive to the CRT grid, whilst keeping the cathode drive as is (which also feeds the sync separator)?

The other two photos show some people engaging in outdoor pursuits. Of course we know that they would be having much more fun indoors fixing old tellies, if only they had the chance to try it

Cheers
Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190915_015052s.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	236909   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210625_022217s.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	236910   Click image for larger version