View Single Post
Old 29th May 2021, 12:24 pm   #1
Vintage Engr
Heptode

Default Panasonic AG 7350

I have just acquired one of these, which is (was!) in very good condition. After a basic service the machine performed excellently on playback.
However there was no E-E video or S-video.

I soon discovered the problem. When the machine had been removed from it's previous owners, someone had obviously forgotten to disconnect the BNC connector from the 'video in' socket.
The unfortunate result is that the rear jack board PCB has been severely damaged with large cracks & pieces of print missing. It should have been a simple repair, but tracing the tracks proved difficult. This was due to the fact that the only service manual I could find was online, and the particular scan for the foil side of the PCB was missing.

I thought it should be a simple matter to just trace it out from the cct. diagram, not so; as the diagram did not match up to the board in my possession!
It's only an input/output board, but it seems I have a different version, with extra passive components around the Y/C input.

Does anyone have a service manual for this model? All I require is the rear jack circuit, and also the foil side layout. It's listed as VJB04344 / VEP0344 (not /A)

If only this were 20 years ago, when I had a hard copy manual...!

Thanks,

David.

Last edited by Vintage Engr; 29th May 2021 at 12:31 pm. Reason: missing part number.