View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2017, 5:58 pm   #1
gizmo1990
Retired Dormant Member

Default Siemens MU 1600 Repair Suggestions

Hey everyone, I'm new here, joined to try and find out about this Cyclometer clock. I managed to pick it up from a boot sale. It's not working unfortunately but I thought I might be able to tinker with it.

I've taken it out of its case and it all seems intact. Except for a little night light bulb which seems to be missing. Looks like someone has already been nosing around inside it.. Interestingly, I did try and power it on outside of the case and I get no sign of anything. However when I put it back inside the case and power on I can hear a faint hum.. I wonder why that would be? Could the timepiece not working be as simple as the nightlight missing? I.e. it not creating a circuit somewhere?

Anyway, I've taken loads of photos of the inside but won't clutter up things here if I don't get any responses. If anyone knows a little about these thing I'd be really happy to hear about possible reasons for faults and I'll happily post up all the mechanism photos. Either that or suggestions for alternate avenues to find further information? Any help much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCLOCK.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	151559