View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2011, 1:54 pm   #118
Retired
Heptode

Default Re: Restorers dream part 2 the chassis.

Hi,

Many thanks Chris for all the information it has helped me a lot. You actually raise a very good point about me already having seen first light without realizing it. The reason I say this is that I'm hopelessly colour blind so any slight changes in the screen would easily be missed by me and to compound the problem because of lack of space the screen is looking directly out of the workshop window with a mirror propped against the window. This morning I was looking at the mirror and could see reflections of wet laurel leaves glinting in the sun; I stand little chance of noticing anything in such conditions.

Thanks also Mike for your kind offer to visit; you are welcome any-time and I'm holding you as number one back up if this project looks like getting away from me.

Regarding voltage on the ion trap; being a novice I didn't know what to expect and certainly didn't want to be having a feel around the end of the tube having only just drawn 1" long "lightning" from the U25 last night; all this is new to me and I'm already told I look like the mad professor without making my hair stand on end; I didn't want an high voltage arc chasing me around my workshop.

We have visitors due shortly and these are both forum members so they can check the screen for first light and I'll report later today; I had better knock off for now.

Kind regards, Col.