View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2005, 9:14 pm   #45
wireful3
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: The NVCF: Time To Move

There seem to be a few possible alternatives to the NEC but these may not be as attractive to some.Donnington seems a good bet for people arriving by car, as it is fairly close to the NEC. We should keep in mind that with the car park cost being similar to the entry- except for early admission it doubles the cost of participating. ( I choose to ignore fuel costs so I know I am being irrational ) but it is a bit of an emotive issue when the Society are attempting to give good value for money.
Is it an indication of what might happen in the future? I must say that I follow the impressions of others, that local corporations just look on car parking as a way of making easy money. Claiming that this is justified by extra facilities is a bit weak. They should have been doing what is neccessary all the time if they charge for a service.
It is also frustrating to have a long walk when at the end you go through an empty carpark almost outside the hall.
I haven't helped with any positive suggestions but I may have added to the general flavour of concern.