View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2019, 1:06 am   #37
Trigon.
Hexode

Default Re: Turntable Stroboscope

Quote:
I note that "The resistor from pin 11 doesn't appear connected at the left hand end" and "One end of the cap isn't connected at all" - I'm assuming that this is one and the same missing link on the Breadboard?
Even if linked it doesn't correspond to the circuit - the junction between that resistor and capacitor should also be joined to the crystal.

Quote:
"The crystal appears to be connected across the trimmer" - I'll look more closely at this but my understanding(!) is that only two tabs on the trimmer need to be connected - one of the outer tabs and the central tab?
One wire from each end of the crystal appears to go to some point on the trimmer, presumably not the same point, hence my 'connected across the trimmer'. Note that the crystal is not connected across the trimmer in the circuit diagram...

Quote:
As for the +ve and -ve rails hopefully I've got that right where the red denotes the positive (+) terminal, and black denotes the negative (-) terminal on the battery. I changed this slightly and had the red (+) terminal going straight to Pin 16 (Vdd). Nothing else on the board needs power.
Pin 16 (+V) is pictured connected to a blue '-' rail, and pin 8 (0v) is connected to a red '+' rail, both with red jumpers. As I said it doesn't really matter unless you forget they're swapped and connect the battery to the rails as labeled.

Cheers