View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2019, 11:05 pm   #170
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: MK14 schematic revisions

No, mine is a revision 2, photo-identical to that one in your photos with all the tracks near the edge connector arranged the same way. My documentation / wiring up information also matches the circuit diagram you've posted.

Slothie's mission was only to try to lay out the connections for the VDU in the same order and in the same direction so that each required connection faced its counterpart across the gap when the two boards were laid next to each other, making it easy to wire up an appropriate lead with a 32-way edge connector at one end and a DIN connector at the other without having to criss-cross any wires.

That Martin has already tracked the required lines to the underside edge connector is complete news to me, as I have never seen one of his PCBs. It makes me wonder if SOC finally did get around to doing this on the issue V.

One thing that is missing from Slothie's diagram, I have just noticed, is the clock-out signal from the MK14 which needs to go into pin b27 of the VDU, which despite being called X-OUT is an input on the VDU. The original wiring instructions tell you to take that clock signal directly from the SC/MP (pin 38).