Thread: Maplin stores
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2017, 6:50 pm   #13
stitch1
Heptode

Default Re: Maplin stores

Well the results here don’t look good but not many on the high street are doing that well.
https://www.insidermedia.com/insider...year-of-change

And by this statement they don’t seem to be giving up.

Looking forward, the arrival of the new executive management team afforded us the opportunity to review our future strategy – starting with listening again to our customers, our colleagues and consumers through multiple focus groups," he added.
"The feedback was compelling.
"Our core strength, and key differentiator, remains the knowledge that our 2,500 colleagues have, and the advice that this enables them to give to our customers, every day.

"In the year ahead we intend to continue to build upon these strengths as we enter an exciting period in the ongoing development of the business."

We have a reasonably new store near here. I’m not really keeping them afloat by buying the occasional axial cap, I check stock before I leave and they make up the order for me. Some things seem very highly priced other things such as servisol are reasonable .... and convenience always costs.
They are very busy st the weekends and they are we manned with young staff who I’ve always found helpful.

It will be interesting to see how or if their sales strategy will change but I hope they survive, at least I'll have somewhere to go when my wife’s looking at clothes

John