View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2018, 11:31 am   #42
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Re: BVWS Summer 2018 Bulletin

The contentious saga of the rights & wrongs of traders at BVWS Swapmeets etc. could bang on for ages. But I certainly welcomed the Bulletin statement. I realise that I've banged on about traders several times in the past. But not without reason, having suffered at the hands of a recently banned fellow. However, I realise that there are some jolly decent traders with a keen interest in vintage radio pursuits. Long may they continue. One trader I've held in high regard for many years is Gerry Horrox - a really nice guy.
eBay - well its an online auction site, used internationally. I do use it occasionally for buying & selling. As do quite a few Forum & BVWS folk. To folk in more remote regions of the UK, it's fine for those who can't easily get to RWB or NVCF, or wherever. And it reaches out to a huge amount of prospective buyers and sellers. However, its not eBay's fault if some sellers pretend to be vintage radio enthusiasts, but are just internet wheeler-dealers. Caveat Emptor springs to mind.

Regards, David