DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Head demagnetizer cassette

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcMahon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickthedentist View Post
Why the dodgy mains wiring, I wonder.

Are they NOS which somebody’s tried to make compliant? I have one bought in the 1980s which has rather frail “double barrelled” flex which I treat with kid gloves.
I think they are continental build/supply with 2 core mains cable originally and have been converted for UK 3 core mains cable/3 pin plug.

I have one and I think it has good cable (not modified) I will need to double check.

David
Checked mine and found it does have the modified mains cable like Post 33 reference.

I brought it through Amazon a couple of years back. No makers name on the device but on the Packaging it is called Analogue Studio, there is a label with German writing on it.

In the Amazon sales photo it shows it with a 2 core mains cable with 2 pin continental mains plug. In the Amazon sales text it says it is fitted with a Schuko (EU) mains plug and that for UK orders a Schuko to UK adapter will be supplied.

But in my case (and others) it was being supplied modified with a 3 core mains cable plus UK 3 pin plug which completely replaces the original 2 core cable.

The way the 3 wires go into the device with the earth wire in one heat shrink sleeve and the live + neutral wires in another heat shrink sleeve does look messy.

Could really do with a large piece of heat shrik sleeve to go over the end section of the cable both to make it look a bit better and also give it a bit more strength, the device is heavy and the cables in the heat shrink feel somewhat weak.

It functions well.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210306_104156411.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	228370