View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2020, 6:32 pm   #5
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

Default Re: 'Ferrite Pot Core Pairs'?

Thanks all. I haven't yet decided to do the project or not (though a reformer/tester would be a good wheeze).

G0HZU_JMR - the quoted text is all the magazine gives as a specification - the diameter. Not having gone through the circuit I'm not sure what the transformer does. Thanks for the Farnell link. I did have a look but as I've never wound one before I wasn't sure what components are required, what they look like or how they fit together. Most of what I've read concerns the larger E I type.

Is winding transformers just something not done these days? Is there anywhere to buy the relevant parts (particularly for high-voltage valve stuff)?

Aub - My MGBGT came with electronic ignition, so no need for that project just now! However, the battery has just gone so some electrical work is required.

MrBungle - Thanks. Did you find something? I'm away this weekend but I'll be back on next week and will decide whether I'm going to make this. At the moment I'm awaiting a meter for the ESR meter there was a long thread on in about 2011. I've done the perfboard and am now considering a case...