View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2014, 11:28 pm   #12
mikkelbreiler
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Hart conversion kits for Brenell reel-to-reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama View Post
However, if anyone's actually interested I'm sure I can find them and scan them. They'll be in my files under "S".
Please do. I like tubes just as much as the next guy but I am out of my element with them. I have two Teac preamps for reel deck in the basement but both of them urgently require going over by a competent tech before even thinking of applying anything like electricity to them ever again.
I am looking at the mains wire cracked up due to being plastic and old, leaky and melting caps in several places. I am pretty confident they are called TEAC AR-109E or so, but it has been a few years since I visited that part of my basement.
I have been meaning to get a better tube preamp for my reel decks but my luck was always just to gets a Sony SRA-2 or SRA-3 but those will require the same resurrection as my Teacs pre-amps.
Before I got tubes in my collection of dead or dormant project I was looking forward to get the Stuart and Linsley-Hood circuits built. So I am looking into it now that I have a handful of Technics reel decks just begging to be used with tube for outboard amplification.