View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2004, 8:05 pm   #22
Mikeymushradio
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Specs and Feedback needed for converter

Hi all, a switchable modulator would indeed be useful because as the collection inevitably grows the early sets are not tuneable which means either another modulator or re-tuning the existing one In my case i have a Pineapple 2 fed from a Thompson digi-box with internal home brew modulator which works well and integrates into the domestic scene fairly well being all contained in a slim vcr sized case The digi-box is used normally and the Pineapple switched in when a nostalgia trip is required . A switchable modulator would add much more versatility to any system, i look forward with anticipation . Another thought ! as we are all going digital shortly we are receiving,tuning and processing these signals digitally is it not possible to use these signals to directly drive a standards converter? i must point out at this point that i know very little about digital electronics . My own set-up is Digital-Analogue-Digital-Analogue : in fact i have christened it DADA.....seems a shame to convert and re-convert any ideas? Mikeymushradio