View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2019, 3:32 am   #3
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Re: Freeview into VCR issues

I certainly am, As im still pretty much a beginner to the Vintage TV world, I’m still learning and of course, I refer to here to be safe, or if i really am stuck, but i like a challenge

I have had the freeview box display a picture, which was just the Info bar at the bottom of the screen, and a “No Signal” background, then a box reading “Signal too Strong, Tuner turned off” (something along those lines) This was using the SCART Into the VCR and RF out as my TV only has a coaxial input, and nothing else.

Channel 8 is always tuned into the VCR and is the only channel used at the moment, as the VCR is being used as a RF modulator.

The model of the VCR is a LG LV210 and the FV box is a Slivercrest SL 35 T.

I have the attenuator plugged directly into the RF output on the FV box, then a coaxial cable into the coax input of the VCR then another coax from the RF out to the TV.

I use the SCART for everything else (Xbox’s and another VCR)
As i said, when i got a picture, i was using SCART into the VCR from the FV, and coax out to TV.

If i were to put the attenuator in the RF line out from the VCR, but the FV box was plugged in using SCART, would this work? I havent tried this yet, due to the time. I would imagine that using the attenuator out from the VCR would just limit the whole VCRs output and not just the FV box, and therefore not work properly?

Thanks