View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2020, 2:37 pm   #18
ColinTheAmpMan1
Octode

Default Re: Capacitor identification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan Penkey View Post
This amp (and it's frypan guitar) will only be brought out for special shows. Having said that, his "normal" gigging pedal steel is probably just as rare and many times more valuable than this amplifier. He believes musical instruments / equipment should be heard in the environment it was designed for, which I can empathise with.
I, too, empathise with the sentiment that musical instruments should be heard and not just displayed, but there are some dishonest blighters about who will nick anything that they know to be valuable. They have even stolen notable musicians' gear, when you would think that security should be like Fort Knox!

The Aspen Pittman book has now got to the "Deluxe Revised Edition", or maybe a step further. I have that and some of the earlier editions, too. It isn't cheap, is it? I do hope that the seller remembers to make a note on the Customs Declaration Form that it is "printed matter", otherwise you might get a nasty surprise from HMC&E. A reputable book-seller in the US ought to be aware of that and make the declaration. "Printed matter" doesn't get an import charge or VAT, you see.

Colin.