View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2016, 8:44 pm   #91
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Restore a Beau Decca

Seeing as no one else seems able to help you with this deck mounting problem (probably because there’s very few that have experience with this very old deck technology) I thought I’d better step in, as you seem to be struggling with this.

Firstly, you shouldn’t have to move the deck about or add foam. That mounting spring as shown in your picture is completely wrong!

I’m very surprised that you didn’t take careful note of how the mounts were originally assembled when you removed the old deck from your second cabinet, or perhaps you haven’t done this yet? You will need these mounts if the ones on your RC80 are incomplete.

There are two types of mounts on these decks and I’ve been up in the loft and taken pictures of both types on decks that I have packed away. I have added below, a picture of the earlier mount only, as this is the one that you’re interested in for this particular deck – a picture of the later mount at this stage may only add confusion.

Complete Garrard RC80 (and others both earlier and slightly later) mount shown as fitted to the underside of a deck - below:-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080585.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	119592