View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2019, 7:50 pm   #6
ChristianFletcher
Heptode

Default Re: Avo Wide range signal generator first inspection

Thanks David / Andrew

It looks more like a stack of washers mounted on a threaded bar. It was late last night when I had a look so in the light of day the connections are looking more obvious. If you look at the picture the connections at each end of the rod are to the chassis so they are just 0v connections. I did not notice that on first glance. There are 5 connections along the length of the rod would be the 4 bridge connections plus one more that i need trace.

Thanks for the heads up on likely component replacements I would have done as you suggested. I hate changing out these selenium rectifier as I do like to keep my equipment as original as possible but I have learn to my cost the problems with these Selenium units but like most radio components not all part are born equal.

I will probably test the Electrolytics but replace them regardless. Unfortinately the various mega meters I own have a minimum 500 test voltage.

hopefully Andrew has a picture of the Dummy antenna I can copy etc.

Thanks again for taking time to provide such datailed information many thanks it was very kind of you.

Regards Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1013.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	191122