View Single Post
Old 30th May 2018, 1:34 am   #35
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: ICE Speedmaster 1000 Eprom programmer

Well, I have confirmed again that WinLV V1, running on my Windows 98 laptop, does not 'see' my Micromaster 1000E even though the DOS software does see it connected using the same cable connected to LPT1. Mine has the same slope-fronted casing as yours, by the way.

If you have the same problem with WinLV, you should at least still be able to use the DOS software, out of which JimmyDeath's version would now seem to be the newest (I think Adrian mentioned that he also had the same version of the DOS software on a floppy). So even if WinLV doesn't work with yours either, you should still be able to get up and running with the DOS software.

For someone with your obvious interest in retrocomputing, the separate CHIPTEST software in the package is tremendously useful as it does functional testing of not only most 74xx series, most 40xx series logic and a good selection of DRAMs and SRAMs, it also tests one or two microprocessor peripheral ICs - the 8255 springs to mind. Furthermore, it allows you to design 'custom' chip tests to cover devices not included in the standard libraries. This is also true of the EPROM programming software by the way, you can adapt existing or design new programming algorithms for devices not included in the original libraries. Obviously you need good data for the target device to be able to do that.

The 74xx and 40xx ICs which are not covered by CHIPTEST are those which have a degree of 'analogueness' about them such as monostables (like 74123) which usually require external R/C circuits to function.