View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2006, 10:23 pm   #24
YC-156
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: simple SW reciever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8DLH View Post
The approach that I have in mind is a heavy & solid aluminium casting for the chassis with a heavy ali front panel, the best quality tuning capacitors that I can find in the "junk-box" and ...
Couldn't have said it better, Al.

I realized that I probably wouldn't have time to contribute much to this thread for the next few days, so decided to make a few snapshot of the Mark II EF86 regen on the workdesk. Sorry about the quality, it was the best I could manage at this hour.

Normally I won't show incomplete projects, but I hope this one has a solid foundation in the previous EF86 regen I mentioned in the thread last year. That one lacked a bit in the mechanical department though (*cough*), thus the need for a Mark II. It is intended to run on 6MHz and a bit as part of an experimental receiver test bed, and initial testing will be on the 7MHz amateur band. Bandspread will be 200KHz with a 1:6 tuning scale ratio, which is barely acceptable IMHO.

Please feel free to comment, cry or laugh. I know of at least one potential trouble spot I missed even on the second time around.

Front panel is 3mm aluminium (a 19" rack drawer front panel actually), detector is housed in a diecast aluminium enclosure attached to the front panel using 7x M4 machine screws and threaded spacers. All supply voltages stabilized and insanely decoupled etc.

Looking forward to seeing all the other projects. I will not have time to work on this for the next few days at the very least, so count me out for the immediate future as far as progress reports are concerned.

Frank N.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	regen1.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	6076   Click image for larger version

Name:	regen2.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	6077   Click image for larger version

Name:	regen3.jpg