Thread: Rank Cintel TK
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2020, 10:37 am   #11
red16v
Heptode

Default Re: Rank Cintel TK

All a long time ago as you say, all I can say is that I worked on a total of 8 MkI & II’s 16 & 35mm in 1977/78 and there were no valves at all to be seen anywhere but it doesn’t really matter.

Thanks for those pictures of the fish fryer! At the risk of going o/t do you have any pictures of old Cintel slide scanners? I am trying to find out the Mk number of a particular model that no-one seems able to remember. It was a dual port scanner with the usual flying spot system. There was a very, very similar machine in CAR at television centre (seemed to me to be the permanent source of test card F) which you may have seen and the slide change mechanism was the somewhat infamous ‘sprod’ system. The model I was familiar with looked the same externally, but crucially, it had two rotating slide carousels instead of the two unreliable sprod system slide holders. This carousel system was very reliable. It was about the size of a double American fridge but turned over on its side! Are you familiar with it or know the Mk number?