View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2017, 9:02 am   #53
crestavega
Pentode

Default Re: Sailor T128 Marine Transmitter.

not a twitch on the bird.
strange, because the PA is definitely doing *something*. just very, very little.
the power reducer switch is acting strangely. listening to it on my nearby receiver, the best signal (best sound and strongest signal) is produced on mid and low settings with noticable flakiness and signal reduction on full pwr. that is possibly a clue.

could someone please explain to me where these terminals (see attached) are connected to?
the lines are left out for clarity (at least i assume thats why they appear open cct) and the manual assumes a level of intelligence that I obviously don't have, unfortunately.
( I have managed to deduce that a whole lot of individual LC circuits, L502 thru L533 are also omitted for clarity)

in other news, weirdly, I did start getting meter deflection in predrive position (ie, indicating that there is RF voltage on the driver line at the PA valves) without really doing anything. I just came to it one night and it was there. possibly there was a dirty contact on the test meter sw. Having said that, I am not certain how much voltage there should be on that line. the voltage table in the manual advises 4Vpp at TP14 (the input to the driver?) so I guess at least that..?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T128_L50x_LC_circuits.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	146665  

Last edited by crestavega; 23rd Jul 2017 at 9:08 am.