Thread: Maplin Z80 SBC
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2020, 6:29 pm   #17
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Maplin Z80 SBC

There is no charge, as explained previously I intercepted them on the way to the WEEE bin a few years ago when work tried to throw them out. Originally that was because we still needed them for repairs even though we no longer made the equipment they were used in (nobody ever considers the needs of the repairs dept, to my constant annoyance). However it has now been quite some time since we've had one of those items back, so I think the ones I am holding on to will meet any future need.

When you've been a repair technician as long as I have you develop a kind of spidey-sense, and mine started tingling today when I remembered that you had tried to program two completely different devices with the same programmer and had problems with the first and no luck with the second. So... I have just taken the extra step of loading up a 2048-byte binary file which I have lying around and programming it into four of these devices and verifying them before writing them all back to FF again - they all definitely do work.

If you find that you can't program these ones either, you may therefore be looking at an issue with your programmer, rather than the devices.

For information, they are CSI (Catalyst?) CAT28C16AP with a speed marker of -20 which I suppose is probably 200nS.

If still interested, drop me a PM with where you need them to go to.