View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2019, 12:56 am   #1
ORAWA01
Hexode

Default Yaesu FT7 speaker no audio

Hi All

Got this FT7, and had problems with no powering. It was bad power socket in the rig. The power socket has 6 pins, 2x for DC power from PSU, 2x for control units (not sure what control units) and 2x for speakers from the circuit diagram from my memory.

After reassembling the power socket, and sat all the pins in it, and then connected power lead, switched on. It came on, but no audio from the speaker underneath the rig which gets connected by 2 wires from the board.

I checked the voltage of the 2x speaker wires, it was 13.5V DC, but there is nothing read on the speaker resistance.

When I disconnect the power plug, and just attach the black and red wires from the bench psu to the pin 2 and 6 on the power socket, which is for - + pins for the powering on, the rig switches on, but no voltage on the speaker wires.

The received audio comes out via external speaker when connected at the back of the rig.

But no sound from the main speaker under the rig, which is attached on the bottom panel.

What is happening here please? Why 13.6 VDC is coming out of the mains speaker wires? Would it be what killed the FT7's speakers? Thanks