View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2018, 12:01 am   #28
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: BVWS Harpenden Sun 11th March

Quote:
Originally Posted by high_vacuum_house View Post
I think that the "centre of gravity" of BVWS members will be along the M1/A5 corridor and somewhere between Luton and say Northampton maybe Rugby or Leicester a little further north will be the most benefit to most members.

Its a pity that we cannot please all members where ever in the country it is held. You could hold it slightly north say near Birmingham though the transport from Wiltshire may be too far even though you are roughly in the centre of the country. Would then still be a massive drive for members in the SE/SW though less travel for members in NE/NW.

Christopher Capener
Yes, most people are down there, Yes, you can't please al the people all the time, but the people in the south east corner seem to have several auctions within day-trip range, but the people in the rest of the country don't get less in terms of proportionate to their numbers, they get nothing at all.

It's not just the BVWS, there's the audiojumbles, camera fairs and many other things.

It's just the way the cookie crumbles, and I understand all the perfectly sound reasons, but maybe the BVWS could try just a little to live up to it's first initial?

David