View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2018, 10:17 am   #1
Dragonfly3r
Retired Dormant Member

Default Grundig TK14 Help

So I recently got given my late grandparents' Grundig TK14 as my mother wanted me to see if there was a way for me to transfer the sounds on some of the tapes to digital format. I found out trawling on the forums that this was possible so I've already ordered the required cables from Maplin and I'm just waiting for them to arrive.

So whilst I was waiting I thought I'd give it a once over to see if everything was working and I've come across a few problems and I'm wondering if anyone knew what I could do to fix them?

1) - Pressing the start button plays the song at a slow speed. If I press and lock the start button in position the tape will grind to extremely slow playback.

2) Fast forwarding/stopping works however when it comes to pressing the rewind button it makes a grinding noise and rewinds extremely slowly but is not as effective as the fast forward.

Also if anyone could tell me what the micro button does, as well as what the red knob on the right hand side is for? I assume it's a record button used in conjunction with the microphone?

Thanks.