View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2021, 6:44 pm   #1
Techman
Dekatron

Default Unknown soldering iron question

These two soldering irons came in a box of electrical bits and pieces from someone I know who gets given stuff and then passes on to me what he doesn't want and I was wondering what base they would have originally gone with. The chap I got them from thought they were 24 volt and I note that one of them has a label marked 'US', so would seem to indicate it to be faulty. They are fitted with 5 pin 'mic' style socket plugs and the one marked as 'US' has obviously had its wiring altered onto different pins, the other one looks to be original.

On the 'originally' wired one I'm getting around 12 ohms between pins 1 & 2 which is green and red. I'm getting around 2 ohms between pins 4 & 5 which is yellow and blue. On the probably faulty one I'm getting 2 ohms only between yellow and blue and nothing between any of the others.

Does anyone know anything about these particular irons and whether I can hook them up to make any sort of use out of at least one of them, keeping the probably faulty one for handle parts and a spare bit?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1140528.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	238572   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1140529.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	238573   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1140530.jpg
Views:	130