View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2017, 2:11 pm   #19
Specmaster
Triode

Default Re: Hacker Sovereign II (RP25) tuning extended to 104 Mhz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhennessy View Post
There were several other details changes, like the addition of a DC input jack, changes in handles, etc. But overall, the model has a somewhat simpler history than the Hunter: http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/s...d.php?p=922240

So, what is the serial number (and colour) of your RP25? And is frame of your Celestion loudspeaker silver or black? These details will help answer the question about originality, and also we could add your set to our database at the same time.
I attach 4 photos of the set as it is, I have done some cleaning already as it was covered in grime and paint, still some to remove but I think it will clean up a lot more yet. The leatherette on the handle is an issue but I think I can source something very similar to replace it. I can get another back grill from eBay, someone is producing new 3d printed ones.

What I need to source are a new set of earphone, gram and tape sockets along with a extension aerial socket and a replacement telescopic aerial with the knuckle joint.

The speaker as you will see is the Celestion Silver Frame one. I'm not too sure where I need to look for the serial number, the only number I have so far come across is B/25/19 printed on the tuning dial beneath the tuning knob?

The colour seems to me to be black?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	h1.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	141272   Click image for larger version

Name:	h2.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	141273   Click image for larger version

Name:	h3.jpg