View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2022, 2:06 pm   #22
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Grundig tk 23 L speed issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubaldojhp View Post
Sorry if I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to record something from Grundig itself but I don't think I'm doing it right. I connect the ipod to the input and press the red key and play but it doesn't record. Only the music already recorded on the tape is heard
So when you record, the original recording on the same section of the tape is not erased, correct ?

When you do an automatic recording with the red record button pressed straight down and aligned with the "A" do you see any record signal on the Magic Eye valve, this is the recording level. The Magic Eye has a green display with a dark/black section, the black section width will vary in line with the amplitude of the record signal.

When you do a manual recording you twist the record button 45 degrees clockwise before pushing it down, it then is aligned with the black circle symbol. You then adjust the volume control (which is the record level control during recording) to get a strong record signal which is denoted by the black section of the Magic Eye reducing down to a narrow black vertical line on the strongest parts of the music/record signal.

For non microphone recordings the Micro button must not be pressed down, for microphone recordings the Micro button must be pressed down.

Ensure you have wired the recording cable correctly. Pin 1 for the live signal and pin 2 for the screen, at the Micro, Diode & Radio DIN connectors.

David