View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2023, 12:27 am   #35
McMurdo
Dekatron

Default Re: RS New Handling Charge

the higher charge is for non-business account holders only, I've just checked (6th Jan 23).

The threshold for full account holders is still £3.95 if under £30.

RS can't really go much further with this as both Digikey and Mouser can fly orders in for free over £33, and I doubt the US giants are operating a cartel with the UK ones...more likely the uk suppliers 'know their enemy' and price their handling with this in mind.

As an aside, I'm currently getting Mouser orders in 48 hours. I placed a £42 order on wednesday afternoon and it arrived by Fed Ex at 8.30am today (friday).

RS dont even bother to tell you if your parts are held in the uk or on the continent and if it's coming from europe you can wait a week for DHL to turn up.

Just before christmas I was expecting an order from Mouser and the tracking showed it had been delivered, though it hadn't. A quick phone call to Mouser and they said not to worry, they'd ring Fed Ex and if they couldn#t retreive the package, they'd send it out again on an international priority. Luckily the Fed Ex guy turned up first thing next day and actually apologised for his mistake.

Try tracking a lost RS parcel and you'll get a week of excuses from them before admitting defeat!