View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2021, 1:31 am   #122
Matt kd4pbs
Tetrode

Default Re: Spectrum Analyser TR4172

I will do that tomorrow Lex.
I was able to fix my keyboard issue. It was what I call an ID-10-T error. I have also been noticing that the analyzer will simply lock up with no reason, causing me to need to do a master reset to recover. I find that this is most prevalent when narrowing the bandwidth. I also notice that on very narrow RBW settings, the signal of question, be it an external oscillator or the internal 50MHz source, it will jump around in position quite a bit. Sometimes, on wider bandwidths, just pressing the CENT FREQ button will cause it to shift as well. In order to attempt to overcome this, I re-seated all of the boards in the display section. Well, evidently I also accidentally switched one of the DIP switches on the GPIB/IO board. These switches turn on or off different IRQs to the CPU, and I had accidentally turned off the one for the keyboard. Live and learn.
It's good to know that the issue is related to incorrect levels somewhere. Even though I have lied to the analyzer to force it to measure correct levels by raising the 1st IF output level, it still skips and locks up, so if it is skipping due to incorrect level somewhere, then it is likely a low LO level someplace else. Perhaps you and I have the exact same issue. Well, other than the ID-10-T issues I have to deal with