View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2018, 10:20 pm   #13
ajgriff
Nonode

Default Re: Fluke 70 Series LCD Blotch Dilemma

It's true that the faded display fault described in Graham's (Radiocruncher) video could have been diagnosed with polaroid glasses or similar providing of course he'd been aware of the potential problem. Clearly Graham wasn't until someone who had watched the preceeding video contacted him. The glory of hindsight.

The reason for my 'hash' comment relates to the fact that in the video the filter is initially fitted upside down ie, sticky side up. This is then corrected but it's not clear exactly how this is achieved. Works in the end but not really ideal as a demo. Sorry Graham.

Taken together the two videos were very useful to me as they demonstated that it was possible to replace the filter although in my case the fault is the blotch and not a faded display. I'm grateful to Graham for making the videos at all and for the effort involved.

As to the cost of polarising sheet, the self-adhesive variety seems quite difficult to source economically in small quantities. However, for this application plain sheet is fine as it can be trapped between the display shroud and the panel itself. Got mine earlier and it cost £1.99 for two 6cm x 10cm sheets which is enough for four Fluke LCDs. They are intended for repairing the screens of certain models of iPhone.

Alan