Thread: Bush TR82B
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2018, 3:49 pm   #1
Half a Mullard
Hexode

Default Bush TR82B

As this is the first time I have attempted a transistor restoration, I would be grateful for some expert advice!

I have managed to remove the tuning lens without mishap by careful use of some thin wire and gentle persuasion. The chassis is then very easy to remove. However I had hoped to remove the volume and tone control knobs so that I could give them a good soak in some washing liquid. I have tried pulling them gently but they will not budge. I don’t want to apply too much pressure for fear of damaging them or the ferrite rod. I wondered if anyone has experience of removing these knobs and if so, what is the best approach to use?

I am also considering replacing C33 before powering up the set as I have read that this can cause problems. I have noticed that the set contains a number of Plessey electrolytic capacitors as well as quite a few Mouldseals. I wondered if these are best replaced as in a valve set or are they more reliable operating at a lower voltage and best left alone? Anything else I should look out for?

Any advice would be very much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050872.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	167298   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050873.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	167299