View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2022, 11:25 am   #56
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Retro Computer Festival 5th/6th Nov 2022

I would love one or two of these but I would expect to pay at least the cost of the filament, which I am sure doesn't grow on trees. It's a shame you didn't have a few of these ready before the retro festival, if you could have put a few Tim's way I'm sure they would have been popular souvenirs for visitors to his stall.

I take it these are similar to the Commodore ones you did a while back - essentially plastic / wipeable surface, so much more like a coaster than a beermat, though equally able to support the weight of a beer glass? (still using my Commodore ones, by the way).

This is one way in which the CfCH is missing a trick actually, the range of stock available from its shop is really very limited and doesn't really try to take advantage of brand rivalry / brand loyalty which is very ingrained in retro techie people - I reckon they could do well with a range of T-shirts and other items with brand logos like Sinclair, Commodore, Atari, Acorn, Dragon, IBM, etc - they only do one T-shirt, the design of which I find very underwhelming. Granted they don't have a lot of space in which to stock an Athena-esque off the peg range but, being techie people, maybe they could come up with a scheme where they can print the design of your choice (on your size) while you wait, so they'd only have to stock plain black T-shirts in a few popular sizes.