View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2022, 8:21 pm   #25
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Idiot building a MK14 thread

Pulling back onto the subject of Colin's build of Slothie's PCB, one of the items I sent up was a heatsink like the one fitted to mine. I posted a couple of pics elsewhere to show how it's fitted but I don't know if they were clear enough.

Image #1 is the heatsink viewed directly from the rear so you can see that the order of layers from from bottom to top is
-Screw head.
-Washer (metal on mine, but I sent Colin a red fibre one for his, less likely to mark the PCB).
-PCB.
-Teflon pillar.
-Heatsink (with heatsink compound on upper surface).
-Regulator.
-Compression washer.
-Nut.

Viewed from the side (image #2) you can see the way the uncut long legs of the regulator are turned sharply downwards towards the holes in the PCB, but still with enough curvature to take them around the edge of the metal heatsink without touching.

Image #3 is what my complete issue VI looks like at the moment - the keys were legended by printing Philoupat's scan of the keypad overlay for his Czech replica issue V here:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...&postcount=519

...and then cutting the legends out as 10mm squares before securing them under the snap on clear covers. I chose this image to take the key legends from because they are identical to the original ones. Tim went for white on black on the keys for his issue VI which is black, like mine. I went for black characters on white partly because that's how it was originally, and partly because I'm an old duffer now and I have trouble reading the thin white characters on the black keys on my PCs in anything but good light.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Issue6_heatsink_rearview.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	268667   Click image for larger version

Name:	Issue6_Heatsink_Side.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	268668   Click image for larger version

Name:	Issue6_Now.jpg
Views:	56