View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2017, 4:01 am   #11
QQVO6/40
Hexode

Default Re: Avo Wave Winder.

Hello everyone.

I have just returned from a little drive to pick up my new (old) Wave Winder.
Feeling quite worn out as I have driven just on 2,400km in 2 days. I have hurt my neck as well. Must have been while I was doing the swivel head thing coping with the drivers in Melbourne. Sounds like a parochial statement as I am from New South Wales but the truth is I live in a country area and not now used to driving in the city. A bit odd as I used to drive large trucks on interstate jobs so many years ago.
All of this is to say I have not abandoned this thread. Just feeling a little frazzled.
Anyway, the wave winder looks to be in better condition than the orriginal photos portrayed. It does not rotate easily but I think it is just that the lubricant used on it so long ago has gone gummy and stuck it all together. When I can get over the aches and pains I will give it a good go over with a spray oil and see if it will disolve the crud gluing it up. Overall I think a really good clean will be all it needs.
In total there is around 20 gears with it so I am half way there to the total. Really for the price I paid for it I am doing really well.
The wire tensioner seems to be all there as well. I just have to work out how it operates. It is different to the ones I have seen with other coil winders. I will put some photos on here when I get a chance to take some.

All good!

Thank you to all of the people who have responded to my thread. It really is very much appreciated.

Cheers. Robert.