View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2020, 5:37 am   #1
Ryan_1993
Hexode

Default B&O Beovision MX2000

Hi All,

I picked up a Beovision MX2000 its in decent condition externally it was just very dusty, but its cleaned up rather well. I only paid £49 and came with matching remote too.

The TV does have a couple of niggles though. The left side speaker isn't working, but using the external inputs on the rear and plugging in my Beovox CX50's both channels work fine.

I have actually swapped both the internal right and left speakers around and the left side still isn't working. Seems like an odd fault and I'd have thought the left input externally would be dead too if it was a problem with the amplification circuitry?

I think the 3.6 volt Nicad battery which stores the TV's settings and information also needs replacing. I'll need to locate that as I had a quick look inside and didn't see anything.

The main downside though is the smoked perspex panel which sits in front of the CRT has an ugly scratch almost in the middle of the display about an inch long. I Just wondered if anyone has or knows where to source a replacement piece of smoked perspex which will fit it.

I saw a few older forum posts online dating from 2007 and apparently someone sold replacements on eBay, but sadly I have not been able to find them now.

If anyone is in the North or East Yorkshire region I wouldn't mind getting it properly serviced and inspected actually. I think it would be worth it to get the best out of it.

Going to be my TV I have hooked up to my VHS, Betamax and PS2

Thanks all

Ryan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6xesooy3x5251.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	207343  

Last edited by Ryan_1993; 1st Jun 2020 at 5:56 am.