View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2019, 11:07 pm   #169
1100 man
Octode

Default Re: Hedghog standards converter

Well done, Semir!

I actually think pretty much all the boards in circulation would be considered 'scrap' by any decent manufacturer. They've either all come from one large faulty batch that should have been destroyed but have ended up on the market, or there are multiple makers churning out poor quality stuff.

I think it's sheer luck when we actually get a board that works! Apart from the two bridged data lines on my board, the soldering was generally pretty good. It certainly looked better under a strong lens than my soldering on the video decoder chip!!

I'm waiting for my second board from China, so will be interested to see what it's like. At least, ordering through Ebay, there should be no problem with a refund!

True to form, my shambolic computer skills threw their usual spanner in the works last night! I wanted to print the front & rear panel layouts- simple you'd think. It took some while to work out that you actually had to download the file before printing or else all the text just printed as garbage!
Once I'd solved that one, could I get the thing to print the right size? Er.. no. Always 5mm too small! A small pile of scrap paper and half an ink cartridge later, I finally managed it! Good grief!!

Cheers
Nick

Last edited by 1100 man; 29th Mar 2019 at 11:24 pm.