Thread: Bush A.C.91
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2018, 11:19 am   #266
DonaldStott
Octode

Default Re: Bush A.C.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by David G4EBT View Post
I think it should 'high fives' all round that you've stuck at it and seen the job through to a successful conclusion!
As you know David G4EBT without your encouragement, enthusiasm and seemingly boundless expertise I would never have seen this project through to conclusion!

At times it was like having my very own Tutor as I was mentored through many areas of vintage radio theory along with detailed instructions on many practical aspects - hopefully some of this knowledge will have been retained by me!

Many others also contributed to this successful outcome and I would single out tim.norris in particular for the supply of replacement components and additional support/know-how. The replacement IFT coils from 60 oldjohn were really the icing on the cake as it was surmised quite early on that this was a showstopper - I still haven't opened up the faulty IFT coils to investigate the ferrite slugs - maybe one day?

Expert knowledge, patience and perseverance were also supplied in abundance from the following Forum Members/Moderators along with other components which were kindly supplied/donated - ms660 (Lawrence), AC/HL, Station X (Graham), Voxophone (Liam), Phil G4SPZ, Boater Sam, Herald1360, 'LIVEWIRE?', Cobaltblue (Mike T), Nuvistor, Radio Tech (Ken), PJL, Ed_Dinning (Ed), SWB 18 (Phil) – if I’ve missed anyone then sincere apologies. This really has been a collective Forum effort!

Still got that bit of residual background noise but perhaps, as I said, I am expecting too much. Searching through the Forum and other online sources there are references to “noisy resistors” – what do you guys think?