View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2017, 2:42 pm   #71
russell_w_b
Dekatron

Default Re: GPO 332 transmitter issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigus01 View Post
Is the link at 4 & 5 a permanent link, as without it I have no mic.
Regards
No. This link is currently shorting out your dial pulse contacts, and allowing current through the telephone line loop of dial pulse contacts, mic, ASTIC primary winding, gravity-switch contact and return line.

It sounds like your dial pulse contacts, which are normally closed, are high-resistance and not allowing sufficient current through to power your T21A mic. You'll need to clean them. Over the years they'll've become pitted with sparking.

I would use a thin strip of rough paper (blotting paper) and, with your fingers gently squeezing the contacts together, draw the paper through back and forth a few dozen times. But ensure that they are actually making contact when the dial is at rest.

Another thing it could be is a dodgy pink or orange wire between dial and dial terminal strip, especially the little bound loop connectors at the ends. They may be hanging on a thread or so or otherwise H/R. I've known me having to change some of them out. Your telephone, being the older model, has cotton-covered insulation rather than PVC.

That's the area to focus on next. It can be magnifying-glass stuff!

Russell W. B.
G4YLI.