View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2009, 2:12 pm   #29
stonehopper
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Roberts RT7 - problem

While I'm waiting for Screwfix to send a PP9 (£1.95 Ever Ready Silver - but carriage is a fiver, buy some screws or something to make it worth while - still be a fiver carriage), In the mean time - I'll ask a little about these electrolytics.

There are those that are tall and red capped with a yellow label stating 'Electrolytic' and the rating value, and are seven in total. Then there are the 'waxes' which number nine and I can get their value from the service sheet.

For you blokes there will be no problem in knowing what to order by number and component name, and where from. If I go onto RS components website or Cricklewoods, I am faced with pages of semiconductors that bear little relationship visually to those in the set, and no numbers that I can refer to for seeking the correct component. I was lucky (?) with the OC81's - they were listed as OC81! You are going to have to help me out a bit here.

The set does pick up one channel - but only one! I heard a minutes coverage of the marathon, though it was from the area marked Hilversum on the panel. But let's see what a proper battery does before we go there, and a clean of switch gear.

Cheers - Derek