View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2007, 10:09 pm   #38
Zelandeth
Heptode

Default Re: Rigonda Stereo - Reviving the beast

Present project is building up what I'm referring to as a "layout schematic" by tracing out the circuit and marking out the circuit as found on a photo of the board from above. This is being done in Paint Shop Pro on a multi-layer image. Separate layer for each thing. Thus far I've got all components, and most of the off-board connections done, as well as the smoothing network. Probably halfway through the first actual amplifier board. Once I've got the circuit itself down, I should be able to cross-reference with the schematic I have to mark which component is actually what. THEN I'll feel confident enough to really start hunting for faults. The plus side of doing this is that it's letting me get to know the circuit a lot better.

The main visible problem I've got is still this wierd mutually exclusive stereo thing that's going on. I can have one channel or the other, but not both.

I've noted that when I'm poking around the board, if I touch the terminals (or even bring a probe near to) the connections to the channel that isn't working on the balance control, there's a distinct hum appearing at that speaker - but there's no effect whatsoever on the working channel. Grounding fault somewhere?