View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2018, 9:56 am   #15
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Members' "last activity"

Yes we are in two Universes at once here due to social change. There is the instant gratification aspect, as Rob implies, plus a a difference in motivation for joining since the "retro revolution". This can [sometimes] lead to a very good outcome anyway but also some difficulty, as outlined on this thread.

I think it pays to be circumspect and ask for more info from the OP initially rather than responding "instantly". Nobody wants to be mean spirited in the end [especially on this generous Forum] and I have wondered about that

However, I recall my daughter once saying [after watching an episode of the CH4 TV program] are you one of those "Grumpy Old Men" Dad? Based on what the participants had actually said, rather than the despairing manner in which they often said it, I claimed to be a one of the DOPES instead ie Discriminating Older Persons with Experience and common Sense! Something to try and live up to anyway

Dave W

Oh dear I see I've already been on here in May. Well it shows things are still ongoing I suppose-if not my memory!

Last edited by dave walsh; 21st Aug 2018 at 10:04 am.