View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2019, 10:53 pm   #201
Timbucus
Octode

Default Re: MK14 schematic revisions

I will pass on the thanks - I gave him the link to here so he may appear at sometime hopefully...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothie View Post
Since a queue is forming I'd better check that its going to work carefully!
Indeed - although the review for the MK14 did rather unfairly say the most fun you would have with it was building the kit... so perhaps by extension debugging the kit should be even more fun?

On a more serious note, I hope to have some time (when I am not tired) this coming Sunday to look over the design in more detail just as a double check for you. As yes it starts to gets scary when others want to use your stuff - so then I will only have myself to blame for any mods we need to get them running. Let us know if you need some cash to chip in for the prototype run.

Reading through CAA in Issue 5 the review of the VDU suggests hooking up B13 to Flag 1 , B14 to Flag 2 and B16 to flag 0 - so we are breaking canon! Using the IO chip is better though I think.

It also hints at how the memory board was configured to allow sockets for 2111, 2x2114 and some 74S571 PROM - not sure if that is the proposed SoC one or their own. I may find out in the next instalment - exciting, not sure I could have waited a month for a chain letter to arrive or not! Right back to archive.org.