View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2011, 12:27 am   #7
westcliff
Hexode

Default Re: KB FB10 "Toaster"

I spent a couple of hours on the bodywork tonight. It took some time to remove the spring clips securing the dial glass and the back panel. One in fact pinged away and will take some time to find. Two of the studs are missing as are four of the clips. I may have to come up with an alternative way of securing the dial glass.

I gave the case a good clean with foam and a child's toothbrush, so now I can glue on the broken section. The plan is to epoxy the broken parts on, there being one large piece and four tiny fragments. When I've done that, the back of the repair as well as a nasty long crack will be fibreglassed. I have the glass fibre so tomorrow I'll buy some resin and hardener.

Later on I was reading some old FB10 threads and I found this one: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...highlight=fb10

I was thrilled to read in post 17 that Andy (AF024), had the same 0.001uF cap as I do, from S2 on the wavechange switch to chassis. His FB10 ended up working well, so I have decided to replace the old wax capacitor with a new one like Andy did.

Here, hopefully, are a couple of pictures of the radio, as I received it.

Gus.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20110503KB 001.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	53206

Click image for larger version

Name:	20110503KB 002.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	53207