View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2011, 1:32 am   #77
Station X

Default Re: Philips B3X85U troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham
As far as the secondary three tagged side, there is continuity on all three.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham
On the output transformer secondary winding test, I disconnected one wire from the speaker and connected a meter lead to this wire and the other meter lead I connected it to the speaker terminal which still has the wire attached.
I got no reading on my multimeter.
These statements can't both be true. Check the transformer again on the three tag side. If there's continuity between all three tags the secondary is OK. Please confirm this.

Connect your meter on ohms range across the two terminals of the speaker with at least one wire disconnected from the speaker. Do you get continuity? If so the speaker is OK.

On the primary (four tag side) of the transformer check for continuity to the tag which remains connected to the transformer, not the ripped out wire, and the other three tags.

EDIT. The tag which has pulled away has the anode of the UL84 and C30 connected to it. This must have been OK earlier or you'd have had no voltage on the anode of the UL84. I think a lot of your troubles could be down to disconnected wires to the transformer. Check them against the chassis drawing.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.