Thread: Mk14 vdu
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2020, 11:13 pm   #96
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Mk14 vdu

Interesting observation, Mark, thanks. Exactly the way I said it obviously wouldn't work.

Can't help but notice that you are in Canada, so I have to ask how a Canadian ended up having an MK14 (Original? Replica?) but it might be best to go into that in the 'MK14 schematic revisions' thread which now seems to be our 'Any general stuff about the MK14' thread. I note you are a relatively new user and currently subject to new-user moderation but that will wear off eventually after a few more posts. Nice to have another MK14 owner / driver here.

My issue VI finally has keys which makes playing games, on the whole, easier, so I fired it up and loaded up Tim's 2020 / For SOC VDU version of 'Minefield', see attached screen shot of the 'play area' of the screen below, with the XXX (Tank) rumbling towards the next mine (@).

The only change I had to make was to keep the 8154 in the default all-input mode as I am using wire jumpers to set the states of the page selects and the VDU on/off and graphics modes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minefield.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	208979